top of page
7. Transition - Possession or Counter?
Area – 50 x 40 with two 10 x 40 defensive zones and a 30 x 40 central zone. Two orange neutral players are placed as shown. Yellows and orange play a 7v5 against the greens.
1. The yellow team keep possession by using the outside orange players.
2. The green team attempt to win the ball. If they win the ball they can attack on either goal by passing behind the line or dribbling to goal.
3. The attacker plays a 1v1 against the goalkeeper.
4. If the green team scores, the roles are reversed, they now become the possession team and are leading 1-0.
Good passing and receiving skills
Play with an open body stance
Good pressing and defensive play
Download the practice card
bottom of page