top of page
11. Creating chances for wide players
Download the practice card
The left back is in the best position to offer support.
Area: In half the field, attacking players line up as shown in 2-3-1 formation.
1. Attacking players attack a regulation goal with a goalkeeper.
2. Player A passes to Player B after Player B moves away and shows to
3. Player B opens up and plays to Player C, who plays a long pass to Player D, who is showing to the ball.
4. Player D lays the ball off for Player E.
5. Player F exploits the space created by Player D’s run to the ball.
6. Player F receives a through ball from Player E to attack the goal.
7. Work the ball from the opposite side.
One-touch or two-touch shooting.
Timing of runs.
Check away from the ball and go hard to the ball
bottom of page