6. Breaking lines.
Area – 30 x 20 (mark out five 6 x 20 zones) Two GK's on the endlines and 5 teams of three (or four) players. Zones 1, 3 and 5 are attacking zones while 2 and 4 represent defending zones. All players stay in their zone.
1. The coach starts the exercise by passing to a GK.
2. The GK then passes into zone 1.
3. The objective is to play forward and through the lines across the 4 zones and get the ball to the GK on the opposite side.
4. This is a continuous end-toend practice. If the defenders in zone 2 & 4 win the ball or block a pass they swap zones with the team that gave the ball away.
5. If the attacking team is slow, the coach can switch them with a defending team.
Remove the zones and play 9v6 going end-to-end.
Move the ball quickly. (Play 2 touch maximum)
Reaction to losing the ball.
Defending - Stay compact but quick to shuffle across. Be a sensible distance apart.