5. Crossing and finishing
Area – Three cones spaced out on the edge of the 18. Three players stand on a cone. The coach has all the soccer balls. There is a goalkeeper in the goal.
1. The coach passes the ball to player A.
2. Player A passes to player B and then moves to the middle of the grid with an open body position.
3. Player B passes to player C and goes on an overlap.
4. Player C passes to player A and then runs to attack the front post.
5. Player A passes into space for overlapping player B and then attacks the box (back post)
6. Player B crosses the ball to one of the attacking players.
Practice both directions.
• Add a defender
• The player crossing the ball has to choose which attacker to cross to and what type of cross. Keep the ball away from the goalkeeper.
• Shot at the goal. Choose a target.
• Timing of the run to front and back post. These players are staggered, not in a line.